Today I spend the morning updating my physical prototype, fighting with printers, scissors and glue. I just realized that my printer is out of order for some reason (Daah it’s not the ink… of course I checked the ink!) and I wasted about an hour trying to fix it before I quit.
Although not the final version and not the final art, I try to keep my prototype as much updated as possible so that my playtesters can feel that they are reviewing a game that is soon going to be published to a wide audience and not that they are just helping with a hobby family thing.
After a couple of hours I had to leave the table to stretch for a while, and Lord Byron took the chance to simultaneously bury himself into my game box and his tail into my coffee.
Doing Pre – Research for Press Releases, game Previews and Public Relations. Lord Byron (the cat) is PrrrPrrrPrrring on my knees keeping me warm and occasionally typing random letters at my Excel file. Speaking of which, is a MUST – HAVE accessory in every research. Up to now (I consider myself being still in the Pre-research phase) I have a sum of 1,020 entries of people to contact before getting public. I guess I have to clean up my list a bit before doing any further research. A word of advice: Keep your Excel list well organized from the very beginning. Use multiple sheets in different colors in order to navigate easily between your entries – having Twitter accounts mixed up with Facebook groups, personal mails and cool blogs is not very wise, unless your list is no longer than 15 rows (which shouldn’t be)!
I Just found out an entry of a blogger that is inactive since 2014, poor guy I hope he is not dead and gone but anyway, 1,019 entries have to be cleaned up now.
I will come back soon with some valid, up – to – date results of people to contact before getting public!